I always thought IKEA is the best option for expats when moving country. It saved me from a lot of hassle and makes sure all my belongings still fit into a 10m3 white van… They recently came to my attention with their fun ads.
Here is why IKEA makes moving country so much easier:
- You can buy the same items again in most places around the world, at least most of them. All that in a one-stop-shop with Swedish meatballs and cranberry sauce.
- It is cheap, modern and contemporary.
- IKEA furniture comes flat packed and can be disassembled (although most are not built for moving house!)
- You can save on relocation costs because you won’t mind to sell or bin your furniture when the next move approaches. It is easily replaceable, see above.
- Most people like IKEA furniture and you will surely be able to sell most of it second hand – I always did!
Check out this awesome link for IKEA DIY ideas: 37 clever ways to organise your entire life with IKEA. Have fun!